Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Marcus Herou <ma...@tailsweep.com> on 2009/03/04 11:32:27 UTC

Cannot issue query

Hi.

Started to lab with Hive today since it seems to suit us quite well and
since we are processing our weblogstats with Hadoop as of today and ends up
doing SQL in Hadoop form it seems fair to try out a system which does that
in one step :)

I've created and loaded data into Hive with the following statements;
hive> drop table DailyUniqueSiteVisitorSample;
OK
Time taken: 4.064 seconds
hive> CREATE TABLE DailyUniqueSiteVisitorSample (sampleDate date,uid
bigint,site int,concreteStatistics int,network smallint,category
smallint,country smallint,countryCode String,sessions
smallint,pageImpressions smallint) COMMENT 'This is our weblog stats table'
PARTITIONED BY(dt STRING) ROW FORMAT DELIMITED FIELDS TERMINATED BY ','
LINES TERMINATED BY '\n' STORED AS TEXTFILE;
OK
Time taken: 0.248 seconds
hive> LOAD DATA LOCAL INPATH
'/tmp/data-DenormalizedSiteVisitor.VisitsPi.2009-03-02.csv' INTO TABLE
DailyUniqueSiteVisitorSample PARTITION(dt='2009-03-02');
Copying data from file:/tmp/data-2009-03-02.csv
OK
Time taken: 2.258 seconds

A little confused about the text-file part but since the csv I need to
insert is a text-file so...

Anyway this goes well but when I issue a simple query like the above it
throws an exception:
hive> select dailyuniquesitevisitorsample.* from
dailyuniquesitevisitorsample where dailyuniquesitevisitorsample.site=1;
Total MapReduce jobs = 1
Number of reduce tasks is set to 0 since there's no reduce operator
java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveInputFormat.validateInput(Lorg/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobConf;)V
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:735)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecDriver.execute(ExecDriver.java:391)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:239)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processCmd(CliDriver.java:174)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:207)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:306)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobShell.run(JobShell.java:54)
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:79)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobShell.main(JobShell.java:68)

Not sure that I am doing this correctly. Please guide me if I am stupid.

Kindly

//Marcus

+46702561312
marcus.herou@tailsweep.com
http://www.tailsweep.com/
http://blogg.tailsweep.com/

Re: Cannot issue query

Posted by Marcus Herou <ma...@tailsweep.com>.
That did it!

However I now get this from the jobtracker (by viewing the gui for a map
task):

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazyStruct.parse(LazyStruct.java:103)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazyStruct.getField(LazyStruct.java:151)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.objectinspector.LazySimpleStructObjectInspector.getStructFieldData(LazySimpleStructObjectInspector.java:123)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.objectinspector.UnionStructObjectInspector.getStructFieldData(UnionStructObjectInspector.java:104)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExprNodeColumnEvaluator.evaluate(ExprNodeColumnEvaluator.java:53)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExprNodeFuncEvaluator.evaluate(ExprNodeFuncEvaluator.java:72)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExprNodeFuncEvaluator.evaluate(ExprNodeFuncEvaluator.java:72)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.FilterOperator.process(FilterOperator.java:63)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.forward(Operator.java:306)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TableScanOperator.process(TableScanOperator.java:49)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Operator.forward(Operator.java:306)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapOperator.process(MapOperator.java:178)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecMapper.map(ExecMapper.java:71)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.run(MapRunner.java:47)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker$Child.main(TaskTracker.java:2207)

This is the query:

hive> select d.* from DailyUniqueSiteVisitorSample d where d.site=1
and d.dt='2009-03-03';
Total MapReduce jobs = 1
Number of reduce tasks is set to 0 since there's no reduce operator
Starting Job = job_200902111713_6047, Tracking URL =
http://mapredcoord:50030/jobdetails.jsp?jobid=job_200902111713_6047
Kill Command = /usr/local/hadoop/bin/../bin/hadoop job
-Dmapred.job.tracker=hdfs://mapredcoord:9001/ -kill
job_200902111713_6047
 map = 0%,  reduce =0%
 map = 100%,  reduce =100%
Ended Job = job_200902111713_6047 with errors
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecDriver
Time taken: 24.805 seconds

+46702561312
marcus.herou@tailsweep.com
http://www.tailsweep.com/
http://blogg.tailsweep.com/

Re: Cannot issue query

Posted by Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>.

Re: Cannot issue query

Posted by Marcus Herou <ma...@tailsweep.com>.
> [...]

> >         at
> > org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:207)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:306)
> >         at

> >         at

> >         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:155)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobShell.run(JobShell.java:54)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:79)
> >         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobShell.main(JobShell.java:68)
> >
> > I run Hadoop-018.2
> >
> > Not sure that I am doing this correctly. Please guide me if I am stupid.
> >
> > Kindly
> >
> > //Marcus
> >

> > --
> > Marcus Herou CTO and co-founder Tailsweep AB

+46702561312
marcus.herou@tailsweep.com
http://www.tailsweep.com/
http://blogg.tailsweep.com/