Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Terence Kearns <te...@isd.canberra.edu.au> on 2004/06/21 03:10:11 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 1.3.x under windows XP > service depends on "NetLogon" ???

I'm running windows XP with all the latest updates and I've just
switched my workstation from being on a domain to being in a workgroup.
As a result, the "Net Logon" service doesn't feel compelled to persist
as there is "nothing to do". Being on a domain is NOT an option.
Unfortunately, this is a problem for my apache windows service and the
NetLogon service is listed as a dependency. So now apache won't run.

I'd like to know why this service is coming up as a dependency when
apache does not require it on other NT based OSes (including XP) that I
have installed it on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards,
Terence.

PS.
If anyone has any tricks to persuade NetLogon to stay running once
started (without loging onto a domain), that would also be appreciated.