Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Tamás Kimmel <ku...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/16 19:29:16 UTC

tomee-maven-plugin @PersistenceUnit multiple matches

Hi!

I'm experimenting with tomee-maven-plugin 1.7.0-SNAPSHOT, and run into a
problem.

If i put a src/main/resources/META-INF/persistence.xml in my simple web
project, and use
<webappDefaultConfig>true</webappDefaultConfig>
tomee doubles my persistence unit.

SEVERE - FAIL ... myapp-web: @PersistenceUnit unitName has multiple
matches: unitName "default" has 2 possible matches.

I think the problem somewhere around externalRepositories and some
classloader magic.

When i knock this out with a dummy setting like this:
<externalRepositories>

<externalRepository>target/emptydir</externalRepository>
</externalRepositories>

My application deploys. ( but i lost class hotswapping )

Are there anybody who tried webappDefaultConfig with a war containing a
persistence unit?

Re: tomee-maven-plugin @PersistenceUnit multiple matches

Posted by jieryn <ji...@gmail.com>.
I think the current behavior should be left alone. If you have an
Apache Maven multi-module project where you are putting different
persistence.xml units for different modules, then you should exclude
them from the final artifact for those intermediary modules. Both
m-jar-p and m-war-p support exclusions, simply put the
**/persistence.xml in there for those projects.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Thanks for sharing

Posted by Tamás Kimmel <ku...@gmail.com>.