Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Stephen <sc...@btinternet.com> on 2016/10/25 14:42:03 UTC

spellcheck

I have suddenly found that all my documents have every word marked for a
spell check. I believe I have the English UK dictionary loaded. What
causes this effect?

Re: spellcheck

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Tue, 25 Oct 2016 14:42:03 +0000
Stephen <sc...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> I have suddenly found that all my documents have every word marked for a
> spell check. I believe I have the English UK dictionary loaded. What
> causes this effect?

The easiest fix is to delete or rename your OO user profile  If you are using Windows
close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Rename the "user" folder. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck problems
--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>