Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by nu...@li.nux.ro on 2021/04/21 09:38:59 UTC

data-server

Hello,

I've hit a problem recently with cloud-init getting messed up by a
"wrong" A record served by the VR for the "data-server" host.
This breaks cloud-init based config, such as passwords etc.
Can anyone with understanding of how data-server is implemented in
Cloudstack to maybe explain it a little bit?

Regards,
Lucian

Re: data-server

Posted by nu...@li.nux.ro.
Hi Rohit,

It's probably very similar. Problem seems to stem from the fact we have
different daemons serving passwords on different IPs and different
password files on the VR, yet data-server hostname is set "in stone" to
only one of those IPs. I opened an issue which hopefully makes this a
little bit clear.

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/4943

Regards,
Lucian