Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Julian Coombes <ju...@intelligentwave.com> on 2000/09/01 01:54:59 UTC

Re: GUI tool for writing/creating ant makefiles?

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> I am currently writing such a GUI for ant.
> I will publish an early version as soon as the concept works.
>
> Bye
> 	Frank O. Laus

This is brilliant!, I'm working on a project using Jedit and Ant as the
primary development tools basically because it gives us an open source,
cross platform development environment. It also means I can use Linux rather
than NT and no-one can complain :-).

Julian.

Re: jUnit task for ant?

Posted by Christopher Elkins <ce...@scardini.com>.
> I seem to recall seeing someplace that the most recent versions of ant
> included a jUnit taskdef, but now I can't seem to find any reference to
> this, either in the source or the docs.  Was I simply imagining this?

No, you weren't.

doc:
http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/jakarta-ant/docs/junit.html?rev=1.5&c
ontent-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

source:
http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools
/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/

--
Christopher Elkins

Re: is attribute order important to ant?

Posted by Christopher Elkins <ce...@scardini.com>.
> Are the following two tags equivalent from ant's perspective (will it parse
> both of them properly)?
>
> <copyfile src="test.java" dest="subdir/test.java" />
> <copyfile dest="subdir/test.java" src="test.java" />

Yes, although this is due to the properties of XML not specifically Ant.

--
Christopher Elkins

is attribute order important to ant?

jUnit task for ant?