Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2004/08/09 16:06:41 UTC

james deps on bouncycastle

James MIAN HEAD has just introduced some new dependencies which are
breaking the gump build.  The dependencies include the following
artifacts from bouncycastle:

    bcmail-jdk13-124.jar
    bcprov-jdk13-124.jar
    jce-jdk13-124.jar

DO we already have gump projects refs for these or do we need to do
something special?

Cheers, Steve.

Re: james deps on bouncycastle

Posted by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com>.
Stephen McConnell wrote:

>James MIAN HEAD has just introduced some new dependencies which are
>breaking the gump build.  The dependencies include the following
>artifacts from bouncycastle:
>
>    bcmail-jdk13-124.jar
>    bcprov-jdk13-124.jar
>    jce-jdk13-124.jar

Can we build bouncy castle ?
In any account we need to carefully with bouncy castle because of export
restrictions.

Re: james deps on bouncycastle

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> wrote:

> DO we already have gump projects refs for these or do we need to do
> something special?

The "jce" project is bouncycastle, probably not quite current.

As the xml-security builds attest, builing against specific JCE
providers has proven to be quite difficult in Gump.  I once had it
working locally, but you always have to manually change the JDK
installation (install the unrestricted policy, maybe even declare the
provider).

Stefan