Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Todd Cranston-Cuebas <tc...@ancestry.com> on 2018/05/15 22:48:27 UTC

[JOB] Senior or Principal Search Platform Engineer - Ancestry - San Francisco, CA, USA

I want to be respectful of your user list’s etiquette for posting job announcements. After speaking with Mark Miller, he suggested that if the subject is labeled appropriately the Solr community should welcome learning about a new job opportunity. Please, if you don’t agree, contact me directly vs. disturbing the list further (tcc@ancestry.com<ma...@ancestry.com>).

With that being said, Ancestry is looking for an experienced search platform engineer. This position will be based in our San Francisco development center (153 Townsend St. by the AT&T Ballpark and a few blocks from Caltrans).

We will consider candidates who are at a senior-level as well as a principal level (we understand that extensive Solr talent doesn’t grow on trees). The ideal level of experience would be 2+ years of heavy Solr-specific engineering combined with a minimum of 4 years working with the Hadoop ecosystem and large-scale distributed systems. Our search platform does use ML for tasks like the building of complex indexes, etc. so that may be of interest to you.

You will join a team that maintains our core search engine and develops services that enable millions of subscribers around the world to find and discover their ancestors and family history. This is accomplished by partnering with our data science team to develop models that improve matching and relevance at scale.

If you’re interested in learning more, please either contact me directly (tcc@ancestry.com<ma...@ancestry.com>) or you can review the job description and apply using the following link: http://smrtr.io/P205Jw

Please note that if you’re not sure if this is right for you, I’m happy to schedule a quick chat with the search team’s manager, Robert Weis. Robert can give you the information you’ll need to determine if this is something you’d like to pursue.

Hope to hear from you and thank you in advance!

Todd

Todd Cranston-Cuebas
Senior Recruiter
Ancestry.com