Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by sj...@stradefi.com on 2006/06/02 17:03:09 UTC

Locale

Hello!

Could someone help me: I want in my jsp page a menu to select the language
of the page. For that I was doing this:

<h:selectOneMenu id="langs" style="width:150px" value="#{EF_JspWizard.lang}"
onchange="#{EF.changeLang}" immediate="false">

<f:selectItems value="#{EF_JspWizard.listLang}" />

</h:selectOneMenu>

Where EF_JspWizard is my class where I stored the list of languages
(listLang) and where I get back the selected language (lang). So if this
selection change I want to change the language of the page calling my
function changeLang():

public void changeLang()
   {
	   FacesContext fc = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();

	   // set locale for JSF framework usage
	   Locale loc = new Locale(this.lang);

	   fc.getViewRoot().setLocale(loc);
   }

But the lang cannot be get like this. How could I resolve my problem?
Thanks