Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Amila Jayasekara <am...@wso2.com> on 2011/03/28 18:57:39 UTC

ERR_732 Cannot process a Request while binding

Hello Devs,

Some times, i get following error messages in Apacheds-1.5.7 without
doing any LDAP operations.

[2011-03-01 18:49:03,404]  INFO
{org.apache.directory.server.core.authn.AuthenticationInterceptor} -  Cannot
bind to the server
[2011-03-01 18:49:03,404] ERROR
{org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.LdapRequestHandler} -  ERR_732
Cannot process a Request while binding
[2011-03-01 18:49:03,405] ERROR
{org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.LdapRequestHandler} -  ERR_732
Cannot process a Request while binding
[2011-03-01 18:49:03,406] ERROR
{org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.LdapRequestHandler} -  ERR_732
Cannot process a Request while binding

Any idea why above error message appears in apacheds logs ?

Thank you.
AmilaJ

Re: ERR_732 Cannot process a Request while binding

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@apache.org>.
On 3/28/11 7:56 PM, Amila Jayasekara wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
> As far as i know my application does not do any binding operations.
I don't know what you do with your application, but without binding, you
are very unlikely to inject new data into the base.

How do you communicate with the server ? Which API are you using ?
> But i will debug more, and see whether any binding requests are
> originating. Thus the error message says "Cannot process a Request
> while binding". What exactly meant by this error message ? In other
> words, what is it referring to as "Request" ?
It means that some BindRequest is pending, and it's only generated when
a SASL bind is being procedeed.
> Does this error occurs if we try to send multiple bind requests at the
> same time ?
Unlikely. Again, this error message is only meet when processing a SASL
bind. There is no other place in the code where the 732 error is generated.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: ERR_732 Cannot process a Request while binding

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <am...@wso2.com>.
Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for the reply.
As far as i know my application does not do any binding operations.
But i will debug more, and see whether any binding requests are
originating. Thus the error message says "Cannot process a Request
while binding". What exactly meant by this error message ? In other
words, what is it referring to as "Request" ?

Does this error occurs if we try to send multiple bind requests at the
same time ?

Thanks
AmilaJ

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.