Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Sergey Pichkurov <va...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/19 11:57:44 UTC

Test timed out (5000ms)

Hello, Storm community.

I trying to write unit test with

storm.version :0.9.1-incubating

storm-kafka-0.8-plus: 0.4.0

My topology have one Kafka spout and one storing bolt which has Spring
inside(context initialized in prepare() method).

When I running test with Testing.completeTopology(), I am getting error:

java.lang.AssertionError: Test timed out (5000ms)

                at
backtype.storm.testing$complete_topology.doInvoke(testing.clj:475)

                at clojure.lang.RestFn.invoke(RestFn.java:826)

                at
backtype.storm.testing4j$_completeTopology.invoke(testing4j.clj:61)

                at backtype.storm.Testing.completeTopology(Unknown Source)

This error not always arise, sometime test pass successfully.

Where I can change this timeout parameter? Or how can I disable this timeout?

Re: Test timed out (5000ms)

Posted by Sergey Pichkurov <va...@gmail.com>.
Thank you.

I will be better if this property can be configurable.

*Pichkurov Sergey, Java Developer*

Re: Test timed out (5000ms)

Posted by Derek Dagit <de...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Re: Test timed out (5000ms)