Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by gi...@lapgp.otego.com on 2005/03/29 23:09:54 UTC

Build system for 2.2

Hi all

I'm trying to get my head around the way the build system works in the
2.2 tree.

I've tried to migrate a project working in 2.1.7 to the 2.2 tree and
figured that I need a lot more blocks (local.block.properties) to make
Cocoon even start without errors.  Now I've seen that there is an
"automagic" dependency resolution that uses the gump descriptor to
creates include elements in the *.xconf files of a block during the
build process.

But I've also seen that the gump descriptor include ALL dependencies a
block can have (this unfortunately includes blocks needed for their
samples).

Is there a way to prevent inclusion of unnecessary blocks in case of a
exclude.webapp.samples=3Dtrue?

If the gumnp.xml is the source is it possible to make the sample
dependency of blocks as <option>al instead of <depend>ant and have the
build system include the optionals only in case of
exclude.webapp.samples=3Dfalse?

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Pati