Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Cam Clitheroe <ca...@ccm.jf.intel.com> on 1997/11/13 23:46:53 UTC

mod_cgi/1413: Multipart form data gets additional CRs

>Number:         1413
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       Multipart form data gets additional CRs
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I'm attempting to use Apache 1.3b2 on Windows NT server.  Some client HTML is sending form data using  ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" and METHOD="POST".  Included in the form is an INPUT field of TYPE="FILE" to do a file upload.

The data received by my CGI script has a CR appended before every LF in the form data, including any LFs that occur within the uploaded file.

I've searched the FAQ, server documentation, and bug database for any clues, but came up empty.  I have to assume this is a bug, unless someone can point me to a server setting that can turn this off.
>How-To-Repeat:
I am working on an Intranet and cannot provide access to my server.  However, any HTML such as the following should reproduce the problem:

<HTML>
<BODY>
<FORM ACTION="/cgi-bin/myscript.cgi" ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data"
      METHOD="POST">
File Name:
<INPUT TYPE="FILE">
<INPUT TYPE="submit">
</FORM>
</BODY>
</HTML>

>Fix:
Not at the moment.  Meanwhile, i will try to debug the Apache code