Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by grillot sebastien <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/05 13:46:51 UTC

Where install the batik package ?

Hello all !
I'm a new user of batik and I want use it for developping an Java
programs for manipule and create svg :) I think i'm found the good
stuff lol ;)
I have a question, i'm a linux user and i didn't know where put the
archive i've just download...
I have five repertories under /opt (blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.01
blackdown-jre-1.4.2.01   sun-jdk-1.4.2.07  sun-jdk-1.4.2.08
sun-jdk-1.5.0.01) but i don't know if it was the good place... Do i
create a repertorie like org.apache.???  and five times for all the
repertories ? I'm lost lol

Regards

Seb

PS sorry for my english, i'm not fluente in english :)

--
Regist. Linux User #344952

/* Fuck me gently with a chainsaw... */
  -- 2.0.38 /usr/src/linux/arch/sparc/kernel/ptrace.c

Re: Where install the batik package ?

Posted by James Shaw <he...@btopenworld.com>.
grillot sebastien wrote:
> Hello all !

[snip]
> Do i
> create a repertorie like org.apache.???  and five times for all the
> repertories ? I'm lost lol
>
> Regards
>
> Seb
>
> PS sorry for my english, i'm not fluente in english :)

/opt might be a good place for batik, but to be honest, you can choose
where to put it; I have batik in /usr/local/batik.  There is no need for
five different directories, though ;-)    To use it in your apps, just
make sure the Batik JARs are on your classpath when compiling and
executing.  If you're having trouble setting up your classpath, a
general java forum will be your best bet :-)

Hope that helps
James Shaw