Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Daniel Tabuenca <dt...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/09 07:57:50 UTC

Debugging dojo.js

Is there a way to make dojo.js more human-readable? I know it's
compressed that way for more efficient network usage, but is there a
way to disable or use the original .js files when we need to debug?
For example, if I want to debug tapestry.form code?

Re: Debugging dojo.js

Posted by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>.
Ah okay - thanks. I misunderstood Andy's original statement.

--
Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>

Software Engineer
Teaching & Learning Centre
University of Calgary

http://tlc.ucalgary.ca

Re: Debugging dojo.js

Posted by Martin Strand <do...@gmail.com>.

Re: Debugging dojo.js

Posted by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>.
I tried adding

Re: Debugging dojo.js

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
You could probably monitor the entrance / exit of functions, but if
you want stepping capabilities you might have to go with venkman.
(maybe firebug can do this, haven't tried it yet)

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/venkman/venkman-walkthrough.html

The "debugAtAllCosts" parameter to the Shell/ScriptIncludes components
are what turns on the ability to see the debug statements happen from
the context of the js file they are defined in...It's a little "iffy"
as far as stability / always working goes though - so if it doesn't
work there's not a lot I can do.

I also added the start of what will become a more complete debugging
guide for XHR here:

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/ajax/debugging.html

On 2/9/07, Daniel Tabuenca <dt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks. I can now see the readable dojo.js. However, I guess things
> didn't work the way I thought. I am using firebug to try to see what
> goes on in tapestry's js calls (like the form stuff). However, that
> stuff is loaded by dojo.js asynchronously. Is there some way (using
> firebug or some other tool) to actually trace through the tapestry
> javascript?
>
> On 2/8/07, andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
> > Your @Shell component includes that.
> > http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/components/general/shell.html
> >
> > See the dojoSource parameter and use the following asset for it:
> > classpath:/dojo/dojo.js.uncompressed.js
> >

> > Daniel Tabuenca wrote:
> > > Is there a way to make dojo.js more human-readable? I know it's
> > > compressed that way for more efficient network usage, but is there a
> > > way to disable or use the original .js files when we need to debug?
> > > For example, if I want to debug tapestry.form code?

> > --
> > Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
> > Tapestry / Tacos developer
> > Open Source / J2EE Consulting