Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by 林詩芸 <a3...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/09 06:23:08 UTC

Asking for help - Having trouble on PHY

Hi everyone,

I'm new to mynewt and I'm trying to increase throughput using btshell and
bleprph example app.
The default PHY is 1M. Does someone know how to change PHY to 2M?
I used ble_phy_mode_set(), but it seems that the PHY will get back to 1M
during data transmission.

Silvia

Re: Asking for help - Having trouble on PHY

Posted by Łukasz Rymanowski <lu...@codecoup.pl>.
Hi Silvia,

If it is getting back to 1M during transmission that means remote side did
it, however if you use Mynewt on both sides that would be odd as
Nimble controller does not change PHYs if not requested by Host.

In btshell, the `phy-set` command takes TX and RX mask, did you try to mask
out other PHYs and set just 2M on your connection?

Also it would be useful to see HCI logs so we know more what host is doing.
One of the way to grab them is described here:
https://www.codecoup.pl/blog/support-for-btmon-in-mynewt/

Best
Łukasz