Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/16 20:39:52 UTC

[DAS] Re: DAS Factory

Hi Ole

   Great to hear you are already on your development phase !!!  I'm copying
the tuscany-dev list to share your progress and because i think some of the
topics here are of interest of the great community.

On 4/16/07, Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Luciano Resende wrote:
> > You got it right, from what is on my sandbox as of today. Looks like you
> > want to understand how things work after you get the DAS instance, and
> > then you probably want to take a look at the current DAS RDB
> > implementation.
>
> Yes - I want to have a look at that too, so I can mimic the RDB behaviour.
>
> For the DASFactory I was looking for something like test cases
> that illustrate how it works?  I'm still figuring out class loader
> stuff :-)

I see, some simple testcases were available, but I forgot to commit them.
They should be on my sandbox as of now. I also committed a small change on
the pom version ids, this might affect your code if you are depending
directly on the code in my sandbox.

Also, do you know if we have some code for loading generated classes
> somewhere that a model factory would use to create instances
> defined by generated interfaces?
>
> What I have in mind is first loading the generator model.
> Then pulling some parameters that tell a class loader where
> the jar for the generated interfaces and corresponding implementations
> is.
> Then loading a generated factory for creating instances.
> And this is what the DAS would use to create instances,
> when it's supplied with generated code...

I think what you are talking here is the usage of
SDOUtil.registerStaticTypes, if this is the case, you can find some sample
code in the following testcase :

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/das/rdb/src/test/java/org/apache/tuscany/das/rdb/test/typed/SimplestStaticCrud.java

--
Luciano Resende