Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2005/03/20 04:19:37 UTC

streamlined build system

i made a couple changes to the build system to simplify it and make it
faster.

* no longer copy the whole source tree to build/tools/anttasks to
compile the ant tasks (they are now precompiled)
* compile classes to WEB-INF/classes directly instead of temporary
build/classes and subsequent copy to WEB-INF/classes
* use xpatch to change cocoon config files (we were using a mix of XSLT
and xpatch before)

these changes avoid the copying of about 900 files, which saves about
7-10 seconds per build on my (relatively slow) hard disk.

please watch out for broken ribs (builds)