Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/01 01:12:30 UTC

Re: backup to swap

Anil,

The implementation of eviction policy is not provided out of the box, so you
will have to do it yourself. But it's not a very difficult task in my view.

-Val

Re: backup to swap

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
I don't understand this one. Backup copy is exact replication of primary
copy. So if primary copy consumes 5GB and you have 1 backup, it will be 10GB
in total.

-Val

Re: backup to swap

Posted by Anil <an...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for another question.

and 5GB cache is for primary copy + backup copy or only primary copy ?
thanks.

Re: backup to swap

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Yep, sounds correct.

-Val

Re: backup to swap

Posted by Anil <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Val,

i have configured a cache as 5 GB heap memory and enabled swap with backup
as 1. and it is 4 node ignite cluster.

then primary copy = 5 GB and backup copy = 5/4 GB. then total memory for
application is heap (for application) + primary copy + backup copy ? Please
clarify.

Thanks.

Re: backup to swap

Posted by Anil <an...@gmail.com>.