Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by sh...@e-z.net on 2012/09/09 05:37:10 UTC

Xerces Download Page - Mirror Selection Issue

Hi,

I was trying to select a specific mirror that happens to be on the
same gigabit fiber regional backbone where I work.

Using the mirror selection box DOES NOT tell the webpage to use
the selected miror.

Activating the (CHANGE) button on the mirror selection appears
to invoke some RANDOM selection, not the one I am interested in selecting.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway
Xalan Documentation Project

Re: Xerces Download Page - Mirror Selection Issue

Posted by sh...@e-z.net.
Michael,

The following cgi works fine.  I can select a specific mirror after being
offered the default.

  http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/{the_apache_distribution_path}

Xerces distributions from the XML project distribution mirrors

  http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/xml/xerces-c

  You can add the sub-directory paths as necessary.

Xerces distributions from the XERCES project distribution mirrors

  http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/xerces/j
  http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/xerces/c
  http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/xerces/p

  You can add the sub-directory paths as necessary.

Xalan distributions from the XALAN project distribution mirrors.
These are the links I am placing

  http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/xalan/xalan-c
  http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/xalan/xalan-j

  See: http://people.apache.org/~shathaway/docs/xalan/xalan-c/download.html

The problem I experience with the current Xerces download webpage
appears to be an unwanted side-effect in the wrapper logic.

The above closer.cgi is not very elegant but does service my need.
Maybe the (CHANGE) selection on your wrapper can be fixed.

Note: Every time the Apache /closer.cgi/ is invoked, it recomputes
another recommended mirror.

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Steven,