Posted to user@impala.apache.org by Quanlong Huang <hu...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/02 08:01:42 UTC

Re: Limit for IN clause?

Hi Roberto,

In the query profile, there is a section of "Query Timeline". It will show
you whether the time is spent in query compilation or the query execution
itself.

Impala has a 10,000 hard limit on the width of the expression tree:
https://impala.apache.org/docs/build/html/topics/impala_scaling_limits.html
So the items of IN clause should be lower than that. Otherwise, the planner
will fail the query.

If you do need such a large IN clause, maybe you can try dumping the
contents into a table and use it instead.

Regards,
Quanlong