Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org> on 2005/09/08 20:41:30 UTC

[vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Hi all,

I'd like to be the voice of a general opinion among Cocoon developers
that Arjé Cahn should be made a Cocoon committer.

Arjé has been using Cocoon for years and has taken the responsibility of
organizing the upcoming GetTogether, which shows how much he cares for
Cocoon and its community. And we value this a lot.

This isn't the usual committer vote, since Arjé hasn't provided a lot of
code patches. But quoting Stefano, "committer means 'being committed to
the project' rather than being able to commit code".

There are some precendents for this: Matthew Langham and Andrew Savory
were made committers, because we felt they were important citizens of
the Cocoon community. The same applies to Arjé today.

Please cast your votes!

Sylvain

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Please cast your votes!
>
> Sylvain

+1

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 8 sept. 05, à 20:41, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :

> Please cast your votes!

Enthusiastic +1!
-Bertrand

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@apache.org>.
On 8 Sep 2005, at 19:41, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> I'd like to be the voice of a general opinion among Cocoon
> developers that Arjé Cahn should be made a Cocoon committer.

a late +1

regards Jeremy

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by hepabolu <os...@gmail.com>.
> Please cast your votes!
>
> Sylvain

+1

Bye, Helma

RE: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.

> > Please cast your votes!

+1

Matthew

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to be the voice of a general opinion among Cocoon developers
> that Arjé Cahn should be made a Cocoon committer.

<snip/>

> Please cast your votes!

A warm +1!

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 08 Sep 2005, at 20:41, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Please cast your votes!

+1

</Steven>
Outerthought                              Open Source Java & XML
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Arjé has been using Cocoon for years and has taken the responsibility of
> organizing the upcoming GetTogether, which shows how much he cares for
> Cocoon and its community. And we value this a lot.

+1 and thanks for organizing GT2005 !!

Jorg

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Tim Larson <ti...@keow.org>.
On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 07:41:30PM +0100, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Please cast your votes!

+1

--Tim Larson

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Please cast your votes!

+1

-David

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Please cast your votes!
+1!

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Please cast your votes!

+1

Welcome Arje!

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Guido Casper <gc...@s-und-n.de>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> I'd like to be the voice of a general opinion among Cocoon developers
> that Arjé Cahn should be made a Cocoon committer.

+1

Guido

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@gmail.com>.
On 9/8/05, Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'd like to be the voice of a general opinion among Cocoon developers
> that Arjé Cahn should be made a Cocoon committer.

+1 and welcome! Now, where is my beer? ;-)

Ciao,
--
Gianugo Rabellino

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> I'd like to be the voice of a general opinion among Cocoon developers
> that Arjé Cahn should be made a Cocoon committer.

+1

Vadim

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Ugo Cei <ug...@apache.org>.
Il giorno 08/set/05, alle 20:41, Sylvain Wallez ha scritto:

> I'd like to be the voice of a general opinion among Cocoon developers
> that Arjé Cahn should be made a Cocoon committer.

+1 and welcome!

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei
Tech Blog: http://agylen.com/

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.
Hi,

On 8 Sep 2005, at 19:41, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> I'd like to be the voice of a general opinion among Cocoon
> developers that Arjé Cahn should be made a Cocoon committer.
>
> Please cast your votes!

+1, of course :-)

Andrew.

Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd like to be the voice of a general opinion among Cocoon developers
>> that Arjé Cahn should be made a Cocoon committer.

+1

Upayavira

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Daniel Fagerstrom <da...@nada.kth.se>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to be the voice of a general opinion among Cocoon developers
> that Arjé Cahn should be made a Cocoon committer.

+1

/Daniel

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> I'd like to be the voice of a general opinion among Cocoon developers that
> Arjé Cahn should be made a Cocoon committer.

> Please cast your votes!

+1

Giacomo

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Please cast your votes!

+1, welcome!!

Tony

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Jörg Heinicke <Jo...@gmx.de>.
> I'd like to be the voice of a general opinion among Cocoon developers
> that Arjé Cahn should be made a Cocoon committer.

> Please cast your votes!

+1

Jörg

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to be the voice of a general opinion among Cocoon developers
> that Arjé Cahn should be made a Cocoon committer.
>
> Arjé has been using Cocoon for years and has taken the responsibility of
> organizing the upcoming GetTogether, which shows how much he cares for
> Cocoon and its community. And we value this a lot.
>
> This isn't the usual committer vote, since Arjé hasn't provided a lot of
> code patches. But quoting Stefano, "committer means 'being committed to
> the project' rather than being able to commit code".
>
> There are some precendents for this: Matthew Langham and Andrew Savory
> were made committers, because we felt they were important citizens of
> the Cocoon community. The same applies to Arjé today.
>
> Please cast your votes!

I'm very proud of a community that is able to attract contributions that
do not translate directly into code.

+1

--
Stefano.

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to be the voice of a general opinion among Cocoon developers
> that Arjé Cahn should be made a Cocoon committer.

A big +1! :-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: [vote] Arje Cahn as a new Cocoon committer

Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@apache.org>.