Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Craig Jones <cr...@maximsc.com> on 2006/11/14 10:56:18 UTC

Abator Bug: Bean Name Capitalization

Hello All,

I have a bug to report.  I just joined this mailing list, so pardon me if
this is a rehash, but I didn't see any mention of the issue in JIRA, which
prompted me to come here.

It looks like Abator incorrectly capitalizes property names when the first
word is a single letter.  For example, if the field name is E_MAIL then
you'll get

    <result column="E_MAIL" jdbcType="VARCHAR" property="eMail"/>

And

	getEMail()/setEMail()

However, while the getter & setter are correct, the property attribute of
the result tag should be "EMail" (not a lower case e).

This is apparently an oddity of the java bean spec.  See
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-329 wherein it was reported that
Ibatis itself was supposedly in error, but the issue was closed with a
citation of the javabean spec.

Thanks,

// Craig Jones

(brand new to Ibatis & Abator - so far so good, with this minor exception)

RE: Abator Bug: Bean Name Capitalization

Posted by Craig Jones <cr...@maximsc.com>.
Jeff,

>> In the meantime, you can probably workaround the issue by specifying the
correct property name in a <columnOverride>

Yes, columnOverrides have got me going, so take your time fixing Abator.

Thanks.

// Craig

Re: Abator Bug: Bean Name Capitalization

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reporting this.  I'll work on a fix, but it probably won't be
until the weekend.

In the meantime, you can probably workaround the issue by specifying the
correct property name in a <columnOverride>

Jeff Butler