Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Stephen Aho <du...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/19 22:12:12 UTC

404 errors

Hi,

I dont know if this is the right place for help with my challenge, if not i
apologize and if so here goes.

I am running Roller 4.0 on Tomcat 6.0 with a Mysql 5.0 database.

I am up and running and named my roller server "blog" instead of "roller. As
I understand it that puts my roller instance at:
Http://www.mydomain.com/blog.

Now i used this address and made it thru all the set-up by following the
install instructions. I created and "admin" user and first blog and
desinagnated it as my front page in the admin section.

After all this that page disappeared and when i try to load
Http://www.mydomain.com/blog I get a 404 error.

Now if i load Http://www.mydomain.com/blog/myblog I get my front page.

My question is am i suppose to be able to load
Http://www.mydomain.com/blogand use that as the first "logon" page for
new users?

On top of all this, after i log in and get to my front page or my admin
page, if I try and log off i get a 404 error also and it seems it points to
Http://www.mydomain.com/blog as the log out default.

Im a total noob and am actually suprised i was able to get it running at
all..lol. I could sure use some help with these two seemingly simple issues,
Im sure im over looking something.

Thank you all,

Stephen

RE: 404 errors

Posted by Brian Levine <le...@hotmail.com>.

Hi Stephen,

Depending on how your hosting is set up, you might need to add a trailing slash to your url or you'll get 404 errors like this:
Http://www.mydomain.com/blog/

If that's not it, you should check your roller.log file.  I was getting out of memory errors in my log file and it was causing 404s.

If that's not it either, you can check the roller-startup.log and your tomcat log file to see if there are errors in there.  That might give you an idea of what the problem is.

Hope that helps,
/Brian

http://green.msn.com/galleries/photos/photos.aspx?gid=164&ocid=T003MSN51N1653A