Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/15 22:20:15 UTC

VOTE: Apache XML-RPC Release 3.0beta1

Hi,

as was already asked for by Henri as well as several users, I would like to
call for a release 3.0beta1.

As in the past, I'd like to keep the procedure for the following releases
simple. Thus I propose:

- Release 3.0beta1 as full as possible
- If no serious issues come up within the next four weeks (any developer
  has the right to declare a serious problem), cut 3.0rc1.
- If again no serious issues come up within the following four weeks,
   cut 3.0.

Should at any point a serious issue come up, then a release 3.0beta2,
3.0beta3, ... (or 3.0rc2, 3.0rc3, ...) should be created after four weeks
and the beta, or rc phase starts again. In other words, create releases in a
four weeks cycle until no serious problems are found within four weeks. This
should safe us from further votes and gives users a realistic time frame.
(Of course, developers may interrupt at any time and change the plan with
another vote.)

I'll volunteer as the release manager. The vote will be held open for one
week. Please note, that we need the votes of three PMC members. I know, that
Dims and myself are PMC members, but that makes only two. Consequently I'll
forward this mail to pmc@ws.apache.org. (PMC members: Should you reply,
please do that to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org, because your vote won't be
recorded otherwise.)

Jochen

Re: VOTE: Apache XML-RPC Release 3.0beta1

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
hehe :)

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Can one of the PMC members please +1 this release? that will bring the
> total to 3.

May I count this as a +1? :-)

Re: VOTE: Apache XML-RPC Release 3.0beta1

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <jn...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the release.
- Jaliya

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Can one of the PMC members please +1 this release? that will bring the
> total to 3.

May I count this as a +1? :-)

Re: VOTE: Apache XML-RPC Release 3.0beta1

Posted by Jaliya Ekanayake <jn...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the release.
- Jaliya

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.