Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Andreas Grueninger <gr...@stuttgart.netsurf.de> on 1998/09/24 15:54:24 UTC

os-windows/3064: UNC names, ALIAS directive, SSI does not work

>Number:         3064
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       UNC names, ALIAS directive, SSI does not work
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
There seems to be some problems with UNC names. If you start Apache as service, you have no mapped drive names if no user is logged in. Or in other words if a user is logged in you have those mapped drive names the user has mapped. Of course this a feature of NT.  If you would like to use Apache as service and to use files on other machines you need UNC names (and another service account than SYSTEM).
If a session must be started to map the network drives this would be an imposssible situation for a real production server. This means you have stop the server if you need another user.
For testing purposes I used the  directory g:\fcgibin\ and created a share FCGISHARE on machine AICHTAL-AICH.

Problem 1
The option #exec cmd= in the SSI files with extension shtml work at location fcgi but not on location fcgiUNC defined with the UNC name and the LOCATION directive nor on fcgiDIR defined with the DIRECTORY directive. The other options (#exec cgi=, flastmod etc.) are ok.

>How-To-Repeat:
I added in SRM.CONF
AddHandler cgi-script .exe
AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

and in ACCESS.CONF
Alias /fcgi/      g:/fcgibin/
Alias /fcgiUNC/   //AICHTAL-AICH/FCGISHARE/
Alias /fcgiDIR/   //AICHTAL-AICH/FCGISHARE/
Alias /fcgiI/     I:/

<Location /fcgi >
#Options All
Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
order allow,deny
allow from all
DirectoryIndex xxxxxxx.html
AddHandler cgi-script .fcgi
</Location>
<Location /fcgiUNC >
Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
order allow,deny
allow from all
DirectoryIndex xxxxxxx.html
</Location>
<Directory "//AICHTAL-AICH/FCGISHARE/">
Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>
<Location /fcgiI >