Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Bennie Schut <bs...@ebuddy.com> on 2010/02/03 09:31:05 UTC

Some additions to the hive jdbc driver.

I've been using the hive jdbc driver more and more and was missing some
functionality which I added

HiveDatabaseMetaData.getTables
Using "show tables" to get the info from hive.

HiveDatabaseMetaData.getColumns
Using "describe tablename" to get the columns.

This makes using something like SQuirreL a lot nicer since you have the
list of tables and just click on the content tab to see what's in the table.

I also implemented
HiveResultSet.getObject(String columnName) so you call most get* methods
based on the column name.

Is it worth making a patch for this?

Re: Some additions to the hive jdbc driver.

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.
This would certainly be useful. When creating the JIRA you can make it a
child task to this one:

Posted by 김영우 <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bennie,