Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Rick Roen <Ri...@LakeValleySeed.com> on 2006/06/01 00:36:50 UTC

RE: Saxon 8 with FOP 0.92b

Andreas,

I did add this line to my batch file, which does make it work, however I
still have to have the saxon8.jar and saxon8-dom.jar in my
java\lib\endorsed.

In fact my batch file works the same with or without the additional
TransformerFactory=...

I believe that FOP will automatically use saxon when it is found in the
endorsed folder (at least that's what I am doing now and it does work).

Thanks for the help, I guess I will just have to make sure the clients have
the two jar files in the endorsed folder.

Rick

If I recall correctly, the easiest way to achieve the effect you're
after is by modifying fop.bat to force the relevant JAXP system
property through the java command-line, e.g.:

java -Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=...

make this point to Saxon's TransformerFactory implementation, and you
should be good to go.

HTH!

Cheers,

Andreas

RE: Saxon 8 with FOP 0.92b

Posted by Rick Roen <Ri...@LakeValleySeed.com>.
OK, got it working now.

Here are the changes to the batch file in case it can help someone else:

	rem set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%LIBDIR%\xalan-2.7.0.jar
	set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%LIBDIR%\Saxon8.jar
	set LOCALCLASSPATH=%LOCALCLASSPATH%;%LIBDIR%\Saxon8-dom.jar

Take out xalan-2.7.0.jar, add Saxon8.jar and Saxon8-com.jar (which I added
to the FOP\lib, but I think they can be anywhere)

Command line:

java %LOGCHOICE% %LOGLEVEL% \
-Djavax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory=net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl
-cp "%LOCALCLASSPATH%" \
org.apache.fop.cli.Main \
-xml file.xml \
-xsl file.xsl \
-pdf file.pdf

Thanks for the suggestion Chris.

FYI - I am using java 1.5.0_06.

Rick

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Saxon 8 with FOP 0.92b

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Rick Roen wrote:

> Andreas,
>
> I did add this line to my batch file, which does make it work, however I
> still have to have the saxon8.jar and saxon8-dom.jar in my
> java\lib\endorsed.
>
> In fact my batch file works the same with or without the additional
> TransformerFactory=...
>
> I believe that FOP will automatically use saxon when it is found in the
> endorsed folder (at least that's what I am doing now and it does work).
>
> Thanks for the help, I guess I will just have to make sure the clients have
> the two jar files in the endorsed folder.

What version of Java are you using? 1.4 comes and above comes with Xalan
built into the JDK and the only way to override it is to place JARs into
the lib endorsed folder.

<snip/>

Chris