Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by RĂ©gis Piccand <gm...@piccand.com> on 2003/11/06 21:27:28 UTC

IRender vs ILinkRenderer

Hi all,

I'm a little bit confused with the use of IRender and ILinkRenderer.

In my situation, I would like to write a class wich implements
ITableRendererSource to render external links in table cells.

The getRenderer of ITableRendererSource must be a IRender.

I thought of extending the abstract ExternalLink ; however its
getRenderer returns a IRenderLink.

Typecasting ILinkRenderer to IRender generates a ClassCastException ...

Well, I understand I'm missing something, but can't see what...

Thanks for any help

Regis