Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by R....@kpn.com on 2002/07/08 17:38:58 UTC

Problems running mailets

Hello All,

this is probably a FAQ, but unfortunately i apperantly can't get it to work:

I have been using Jame 1.2.1 for quite a while now and I am trying to
upgrade to 2.0a3.

James starts up without any problems using the default configuration.

After that i try to include mailets and matchers that I have allready
written: I added mailetpackages and matcherpackages, which i reduced for the
purpose of testing to one simple mailet.

However the classloader fails to find my class files. "Requested mailet not
found: "

I have tried adding classpath variables to the run.bat script but this
didn't change the situation

I am running W2K and Java 1.3

Any suggestions?

best regards,

Ruud Schramp

Re: Problems running mailets

Posted by Ramon Gonzalez <ra...@prarl.org>.
I add my .class files directly to the james.bar file by simply using the jar
utility that comes with the JDK. Since I use Forte under Windows for
editing/compiling, I wrote a batch file that does it all except do the FTP
transfer to the Solaris box I use for JAMES.

Later I may write an Apache Ant build.xml to do it all under Forte.