Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Arlindo Luis Marcon Junior <ar...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/30 03:10:48 UTC

[Rampart]

Hi All...

I have little doubt here...
I have a rampart-client inside one service,,, or in other words: I have
a client that access a service,,, and this service is the client of
another service...

If I execute the same operation many times,,, like a loop-test... the
resources of the computer run out... And I receive an exception like this:

ERROR:  org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Java heap space
   at
org.apache.axis2.util.Utils.getInboundFaultFromMessageContext(Utils.java:486)
   at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(OutInAxisOperation.java:343)
   at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:389)
   at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:211)
   at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:163)
   at
org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:528)
   at
org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:508)

I tried increase the heap space and follow others cues in the mail
lists,,, but without success...

After I call the client ( inside the service ) I tried too call the
"client.cleanup(); and System.gc();",,, but nothing,,, every time that I
increase the load I receive the same exception...

Without rampart module enganged, I can increase the load without problems...

Someone can help-me,,, or give-me some direction... please...
Many Thanks in Advance...

I don't know if here is the right place to send my doubt,,, then,, sorry
   my mistake,,, and sorry my poor english...

--
Arlindo Luis Marcon Junior
E-mail: arlindomarconjr@gmail.com

Re: [Rampart]

Posted by Arlindo Luis Marcon Junior <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nandana...
Thanks for your attention...

I attached a zip file with the source code of the service...
The web service exposed class is named "ClsPepOutsourcing"...
The rampart-client is named "ClsCltOfPDPG"....

Some configurations in TomCat,,, inside the "catalinha.bat" file:
""set CATALINA_OPTS=-client -server -Xms128m -Xmx400m""

Versions used:
JDK: jdk1.6.0_02
TomCat: apache-tomcat-6.0.14
Axis2: axis2-1.3
Rampart: rampart-1.3

Thanks again,,,
Any help is welcome...

p.s.: Maybe, you will need the client and the another service too?
This is not the final code,,, then some extra classes/methods are not
terminated...
I am a newbie in java and web services,,, then,,, this is not a too
elegant program... :-)

Re: [Rampart]

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arlindo,

Re: [Rampart]

Posted by Arlindo Luis Marcon Junior <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joana...
Thanks for your attention...

Re: [Rampart]

Posted by "Joana M. F. Trindade" <jm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arlindo,

--
Joana M. F. da Trindade

Email: jmftrindade@inf.ufrgs.br
Personal Homepage: http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~jmftrindade
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/joanatrindade

Re: [Rampart]

Posted by Arlindo Luis Marcon Junior <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anthony...
Thanks for your reply...

Might you explain a little bit more how you did?...
maybe this can be my solution...

Thanks again...

Re: [Rampart]

Posted by Anthony Bull <an...@bcsoft.co.nz>.
I've noticed this memory leak also.   If you are creating an Axis 2
context everytime you make the rampart-client call to the other service
then this happens after a while.

I had to implement configuration context pooling for all my webapps that
contain Axis 2 service clients to resolve this. Everytime I ran my
performance tests, after a few hours the JVM would run out of heap.

Arlindo Luis Marcon Junior wrote:
> Hi All...
>
> I have little doubt here...
> I have a rampart-client inside one service,,, or in other words: I have
> a client that access a service,,, and this service is the client of
> another service...
>
> If I execute the same operation many times,,, like a loop-test... the
> resources of the computer run out... And I receive an exception like
> this:

> ERROR:  org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Java heap space
>   at
> org.apache.axis2.util.Utils.getInboundFaultFromMessageContext(Utils.java:486)
>
>   at
> org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(OutInAxisOperation.java:343)
>
>   at
> org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:389)
>
>   at
> org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:211)
>
>   at
> org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:163)
>   at
> org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:528)
>   at
> org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:508)
>

> I tried increase the heap space and follow others cues in the mail
> lists,,, but without success...
>
> After I call the client ( inside the service ) I tried too call the
> "client.cleanup(); and System.gc();",,, but nothing,,, every time that I
> increase the load I receive the same exception...
>
> Without rampart module enganged, I can increase the load without
> problems...
>
> Someone can help-me,,, or give-me some direction... please...
> Many Thanks in Advance...
>
> I don't know if here is the right place to send my doubt,,, then,, sorry
>   my mistake,,, and sorry my poor english...

--

Anthony
-------------------------------------
Anthony Bull
Senior Developer
Black Coffee Software Ltd
PO Box 10-192 The Terrace
Wellington, New Zealand

anthony.bull@bcsoft.co.nz
Ph  +64 4 472 8818
Fax +64 4 472 8811
-------------------------------------
www.bcsoft.co.nz
This email may contain confidential or privileged information,
and is intended for use only by the addressee, or addressees.
If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender
immediately and do not copy, use or disclose the contents to
any other person or organisation.
Black Coffee Software Ltd accepts no responsibility for viruses
received with this email, or to any changes made to the original
content. Any views or opinions expressed in this email may be
personal to the sender and are not necessarily those of Black
Coffee Software Ltd.