Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Ga...@sungard.com on 2015/08/19 17:22:17 UTC

File watcher and FTP using Camel

Hello Camel Experts,
I am new to Camel, I would like implement File watcher and FTP using Camel, can someone point me to Camel tutorial how this can be achieved?

Need is to watch or keep on polling a folder on Unix or windows and FTP files as they appear. This should happen 24/7 would need suggestion on what approaches can be used to keep it running on windows and Unix.

If need to create a service on windows for this ? is there camel functionality for this?
Or is it a good idea to add a Cron job or entry in rc.sh ? I am not a Unix expert though.

Thank you for your help

-G

Re: File watcher and FTP using Camel

Posted by james lapointe <ja...@gmail.com>.
Camel is small and and can be run on it's own in containers - such  as OSGI
or web service containers like Tomcat.  Tomcat for windows has a launching
service if you need it.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

--