Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2016/10/01 15:05:49 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Olympian Incubation Proposal

Agree with you on all points, Taylor.

And I am even quite surprised to see the number of people backing the
project, yet Apache is adamant to get involved. It feels a little bit like
the "Community over Code" and "Independent of any Corporate Influences"
have both received a big fat slap in their faces, and I think this hurts
the ASF more than any fallout with named corporation.

Disappointing to me...

Niclas

Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

Re: [DISCUSS] Olympian Incubation Proposal

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.

> On Oct 2, 2016, at 11:55 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
>

> ultimately
> decided that expecting a bit more up-front community action was a
> prudent choice.
>
> What I'd like to see is a proof that ASF or no ASF the community wants to take
> matters into its own hands and fork away. For now it isn't actually
> obvious to me.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

Now that a move to the ASF is (currently) off the table, the community is regrouping to host the project elsewhere. Once basic infrastructure is in place there will likely be some sort of announcement. Proof will come.

-Taylor

Re: [DISCUSS] Olympian Incubation Proposal

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Sat, Oct 1, 2016 at 8:05 AM, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:
> Agree with you on all points, Taylor.
>
> And I am even quite surprised to see the number of people backing the
> project, yet Apache is adamant to get involved. It feels a little bit like
> the "Community over Code" and "Independent of any Corporate Influences"
> have both received a big fat slap in their faces, and I think this hurts
> the ASF more than any fallout with named corporation.
>
> Disappointing to me...

That was my initial reaction as well, but then I thought some more and