Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> on 2018/03/23 07:04:43 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.15

Dear development community,

I am happy to start the VOTE thread for a Groovy 2.4.15 release! This is
mainly to fix a regression in calling static methods in interfaces. We were
trying to improve the JDK9 experience but on the 2.4 branch it caused
existing functionality to be impacted even on JDK8.

This release includes 6 bug fixes/improvements as outlined in the changelog:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318123&version=12342853

Tag:
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=groovy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/GROOVY_2_4_15
Tag commit id: 067f3d3f3ec660ceb86f6bf0ce38c4dfcef5c11c

The artifacts to be voted on are located as follows (r25897).
Source release: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.4.15/sources
Convenience binaries:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.4.15/distribution

Release artifacts are signed with a key from the following file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/KEYS

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Groovy 2.4.15.

Reminder on ASF release approval requirements for PMC members:
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval
Hints on validating checksums/signatures (but replace md5sum with
sha256sum):
https://www.apache.org/info/verification.html

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release Apache Groovy 2.4.15
[ ]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
[ ] -1 Do not release Apache Groovy 2.4.15 because...

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.15

Posted by Graeme Rocher <gr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by John Wagenleitner <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.15

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
The vote has passed with 5 binding +1 votes and 2 additional +1 votes. I'll
proceed with next steps.

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.
+1

My smoke test (on JDK 8) went fine.
Nothing special to report.

Guillaume

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 8:55 AM, Daniel Sun <re...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel.Sun

Guillaume Laforge

Blog: http://glaforge.appspot.com/
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/114130972232398734985/posts>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.15

Posted by Daniel Sun <re...@hotmail.com>.
+1

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.15

Posted by Jochen Theodorou <bl...@gmx.org>.

Am 23.03.2018 um 12:47 schrieb Paul King:
> We temporarily reverted the ASM change but that ended up not being the
> problem, so I put it back the same as in 2.4.14.
> The problem was that there was no Java8 plugin for 2_4_X so neither the
> code fixes from GROOVY-8338 nor the respective test ran - fixed now with
> an empty(*) Java8 plugin for 2_4_X.
> (*) just returns the java version

ahhh ;) Now that clears the confusion. Thanks

bye Jochen

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.4.15

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
Yep, thanks everyone for the fast response!
But we still need to wait the 3 days as per Apache voting guidelines.
Just a reminder: a subsequent -1 vote would cancel out one of the already
cast +1 votes.

Cheers, Paul.

Posted by "Daniel.Sun" <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.