Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/04/02 06:51:18 UTC

[Jakarta-tapestry Wiki] Update of "BoardReportApril2006" by HowardLewisShip

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-tapestry Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by HowardLewisShip:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tapestry/BoardReportApril2006

New page:
= Tapestry Project -- April 2006 Board Report =

Tapestry has been in a state of transition away from a Jakarta sub-project and to an Apache top level project.

Two new PMC members / committers have been added: Andreas Andreou and Brian K. Wallace. Andreas has been active in the external Tacos project
(Ajax components for Tapestry). He and Brian have been actively mentoring and supplying patches for months.

Bug fix releases of Tapestry 3 (release 3.0.4) and Tapestry 4 (release 4.0.1) have been released. These efforts have been spearheaded by Jesse Kuhnert and Brian K. Wallace.

Plans are now forming for shifting the SVN repository root for Tapestry out from under jakarta. We're beginning to formulate rules and procedures for breaking the Tapestry project into individual sub-projects. We are facing a large amount of work to convert from an Ant-based build to a Maven2-based build, primarily in terms of documentation (reams of which are currently in Forrest XML format).