Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by ma...@accenture.com on 2007/07/10 13:33:23 UTC

Problem with replaceIdWithLabel

Hi, I'm using replaceIdWithLabel attribute in t:messages but the
validation messages does not show the label (show the id).

I'm using tiles:

                  <t:outputLabel for="dataSinistro"
value="#{bundle.dataSinistro}" />

                  <t:inputCalendar id="dataSinistro"

value="#{ricerche$ricercaPolizzePage.dataSinistro}"

                        required="true" />

                  <t:message for="dataSinistro"
replaceIdWithLabel="true"/>

<na:messages id="messageList2" replaceIdWithLabel="true"
showSummary="true" showDetail="true" globalOnly="false"/>

I have tried to debug HtmlMessageRenderer.findInputLabel method, and I
see that when execute this step:

        MessageLabelInfo info =
((MessageLabelInfo)outputLabelMap.get(inputClientId));

The value of info.getText() is empty string ("").

Is there any one can help me?

Thanks

Mario

RE: Problem with replaceIdWithLabel

Posted by ma...@accenture.com.
Probably I found the problem:

I have a main tile that use the t:messages tag before the tile:insert of
the page generating the messages.

When the first time the method getOutputLabelMap of HtmlMessageRenderer
is called, does not resolve the value.

If I move the t:messages after the tile:insert does work correctly.

May be a bug?

Regards

Mario

[...]

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
the original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.