Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com> on 2009/05/02 01:48:55 UTC

WSDL2C: What to do after compiling Axis2 1.4.1. nightly build

Folks,

I am after the latest greatest WSDL2C, which from my understanding is in the
Axis2/Java nightly build.

I happen to be one of those C/C++ developers that does not know Java all
that well.  I have pulled down the code from SVN, installed Maven and the
JDK.  I have managed to get the nightly build to build, but now what?
Should I deploy it?  If so how?  If not, what do I set the %AXIS2_HOME% to
so that the WSDL2C.bat can find the correct code?

Sam

Re: WSDL2C: What to do after compiling Axis2 1.4.1. nightly build

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 7:52 AM, Sam Carleton <sc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Rajika,

hi,

> I am going off of this email from a week and a half ago, please see my
> question below:

> > > How are Improvements to WSDL2C codegen tool a major change to Axis2/C
> > > version 1.6.0?
> > > Isn't WSDL2C part of the Axis2, which is still 1.4.1?
> >
> > The WSDL2C tool is maintained by Axis2/C community. After releasing
> > 1.5.0 there are some bug fixes and improvements done to the WSDL2C tool.
> > Further Axis2/C code also fixed for these changes. You can get these
> > latest modifications from an Axis2 nightly build.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Manjula.
>
> Q1: So if I wanted the latest WSDL2C, I need to get from the nightly
> build of the project Axis2/Java?

Correct.

> (I have gotten the latest subversion code from the project, installed
> mvn, and run mvn install successfully on the Axis2/Java code)
>
> Q2: After running the mvn install, what must I do to use the newly
> compiled WSDL2C?

You'll find the nightly built of axis2 distribution inside

> What I don't see is a bin folder in the root of the Axis2/Java
> project, what I have is this:

If you carefully read the reply you'll see what I meant is the README file
of WSDL2C which is inside axis2c, not the README file what is in axis2java.

> <DIR>          etc
> <DIR>          legal
> <DIR>          modules
> <DIR>          release-docs
> 4,506           build.xml
> 11,359         LICENSE.txt
>  1,236          NOTICE.txt
> 11,091         pom.xml
> 2,504           README.txt
> 39,552         release-notes.html
>
> I did read the README.TXT, which is how I knew the correct way to get
> mvn to build everything, but it does not talk about what I need to do
> to actually use any of the java code.  I am assuming I need to set a
> class path or something, but I don't know where I should be setting
> the class path, not being a java expert.

Ok, try mvn assembly:assembly -Drelease  which will build the axis2/java
distro. inside modules/distribution/target. You need to unzip this and set
AXIS2_HOME varible to this location.
have a look at the shell script (bat script) WSDL2C.sh (in axis2/c distro in
side bin/tools/wsdl2c) to see how things works.
Sam, everhing is there in the documentaion, or the same question most
probably have been asked by another user.

-Rajika

--
http://wso2.org
http://llvm.org

Re: WSDL2C: What to do after compiling Axis2 1.4.1. nightly build

Posted by Sam Carleton <sc...@gmail.com>.
Rajika,

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 5:18 AM, Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com>wrote:

> Folks,

hi Sam,

> I am after the latest greatest WSDL2C, which from my understanding is in
> the Axis2/Java nightly build.
>
> I happen to be one of those C/C++ developers that does not know Java all
> that well.  I have pulled down the code from SVN, installed Maven and the
> JDK.  I have managed to get the nightly build to build, but now what?
> Should I deploy it?  If so how?  If not, what do I set the %AXIS2_HOME% to
> so that the WSDL2C.bat can find the correct code?

WSDL2C tool uses axis2 libs to generate code. You don't have to deploy
axis2- but need to unzip and set the AXIS2_HOME such that it points to the
installation directory of axis2.  If you have a look in the README
file(inside bin/tools/wsdl2c  folder in axis2/c) it has the instructions to
run the tool together with some usage scenarios.

-Rajika

--
http://wso2.org
http://llvm.org