Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Rob Tompkins <ch...@apache.org> on 2018/03/26 12:09:59 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Text 1.3 Released

The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the release of
Apache Commons Text 1.3.

The Apache Commons Text open source software library provides a host of
algorithms focused on working with strings and blocks of text.

Source and binary distributions are available for download from the Apache
Commons download site:
  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/download_text.cgi

When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file available at
the above location when downloading the release.

Alternatively the release can be pulled via maven:
  <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
  <artifactId>commons-text</artifactId>
  <version>1.3</version>

The release notes can be reviewed at:
  http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/text/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

For complete information on Commons Text, including instructions on how to
submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the Apache
Commons Text website:

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/

Best regards,
Rob Tompkins
on behalf of the Apache Commons community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons Text 1.3 Released

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

However just noticed that the download page still uses MD5 rather than
SHAn hashes.
MD5 should no longer be used for new releases:

https://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#sigs-and-sums

As it happens, the build has produced SHA1 hashes as well, so we can
just fix the links.

(I will do that shortly).