Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by AL_DK <an...@lildballe.com> on 2009/10/29 12:07:11 UTC

Connecting to Tibco RV from ActiveMQ

Hi,

I would like to know if the ActiveMq supports connection to Tibco RV?

If not, any suggestions for how this could be made?

best regards,
Anders

Re: Connecting to Tibco RV from ActiveMQ

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 10:43 AM, James Strachan
<ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> James, any idea where to get a copy of the RV jar file?
>
> It comes with the Tibco RV product download IIRC.

That's what I figured. Can someone who has access to this jar help me
out a bit here? ;-)

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder

Re: Connecting to Tibco RV from ActiveMQ

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Connecting to Tibco RV from ActiveMQ

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 2:45 PM, Joe Fernandez
<jo...@ttmsolutions.com> wrote:

> Here's a good starting point.
>
> http://camel.apache.org/writing-components.html
>
> But you might want to first bone-up on Camel in general.

James' suggestion of using Camel was the catalyst for my request for
the TIBCO RV jar file. This jar file will provide access to the
necessary classes to interact with TIBCO RV.

Bruce
);'

Posted by Joe Fernandez <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.
Here's a good starting point.

http://camel.apache.org/writing-components.html

But you might want to first bone-up on Camel in general.

Joe
http://www.ttmsolutions.com

Posted by AL_DK <an...@lildballe.com>.

James.Strachan wrote:

> It would be pretty easy to create an RV component for Camel
> http://camel.apache.org/components.html
>
> then you could easily bridge from RV to ActiveMQ and vice versa, with
> content based routing, transformations etc.
> http://camel.apache.org/enterprise-integration-patterns.html
>
> more details on using Camel enterprise integration patterns inside
> ActiveMQ here...
> http://activemq.apache.org/enterprise-integration-patterns.html

What I am trying to achieve, is to get my already existing JMS client to
talk to another already existing Tibco RV client. I hoped that ActiveMQ
might support this bridging out of the box but it seems this is not the case
:-(

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jonasbergstrom <jo...@bwin.org>.
Looks like it's fixed by https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2455 .

/ Jonas

Re: Connecting to Tibco RV from ActiveMQ

Posted by jonasbergstrom <jo...@bwin.org>.
Forgot the stacktrace:
ERROR | failed to forward message on attempt: 1 reason:
javax.jms.IllegalStateException: Producer is closed message:
ActiveMQTextMessage {commandId = 14, responseRequired = true, messageId =
ID:longshanks.ongame.com-62594-1267627711097-0:1:1:1:10, originalDestination
= null, originalTransactionId = null, producerId =
ID:longshanks.ongame.com-62594-1267627711097-0:1:1:1, destination =
queue://localqueue, transactionId = null, expiration = 0, timestamp =
1267627722109, arrival = 0, brokerInTime = 1267627722110, brokerOutTime =
1267627722388, correlationId = null, replyTo = null, persistent = true, type
= null, priority = 4, groupID = null, groupSequence = 0, targetConsumerId =
null, compressed = false, userID = null, content =
org.apache.activemq.util.ByteSequence@4b2922f6, marshalledProperties = null,
dataStructure = null, redeliveryCounter = 0, size = 8208, properties = null,
readOnlyProperties = true, readOnlyBody = true, droppable = false, text =
null}
javax.jms.IllegalStateException: Producer is closed
	at
com.tibco.tibjms.TibjmsMessageProducer._publish(TibjmsMessageProducer.java:180)
	at com.tibco.tibjms.TibjmsQueueSender.send(TibjmsQueueSender.java:65)
	at
org.apache.activemq.network.jms.QueueBridge.sendMessage(QueueBridge.java:80)
	at
org.apache.activemq.network.jms.DestinationBridge.onMessage(DestinationBridge.java:130)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer.dispatch(ActiveMQMessageConsumer.java:946)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSessionExecutor.dispatch(ActiveMQSessionExecutor.java:122)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSessionExecutor.iterate(ActiveMQSessionExecutor.java:192)
	at
org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner.runTask(PooledTaskRunner.java:118)
	at
org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner$1.run(PooledTaskRunner.java:42)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)

Maybe the bridge needs to recreate the producer. Is it possible to configure
it to do so when a mesage-sender fails?

Thnx / Jonas

Re: Connecting to Tibco RV from ActiveMQ

Posted by jonasbergstrom <jo...@bwin.org>.

bsnyder wrote:

> There is no built-in support for integrating with RV built in to
> ActiveMQ, but it can bridge to TIBCO EMS. Here's an example:
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/jms-bridge-with-remote-tibco-broker.html

That example works well except for initial connection (when Tibco is down,
where the creation of the ActiveMQ broker actually hangs) and reconnecting
to Tibco after network problems. I've configured Tibco's connection factory
with it's proprietary connect/reconnect properties like:
    <bean id="tibco" class="com.tibco.tibjms.TibjmsQueueConnectionFactory">
        <property name="serverUrl" value="tcp://localhost:7222"/>
        <property name="connAttemptCount" value="10"/>
        <property name="connAttemptDelay" value="6000"/>
        <property name="connAttemptTimeout" value="60"/>
        <property name="reconnAttemptCount" value="10"/>
        <property name="reconnAttemptDelay" value="6000"/>
        <property name="reconnAttemptTimeout" value="60"/>
    </bean>
...but they don't "bite". I'e if I restart Tibco, the bridge between
ActiveMQ and Tibco don't reconnect.
Do you know where I should look further to get this working, on the ActiveMQ
side or in the Tibco client?

Thnx / Jonas

Re: Connecting to Tibco RV from ActiveMQ

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.