Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ihor Mochurad <i....@gmail.com> on 2017/10/11 19:54:02 UTC

JMeter for Distributed Testing. Client IP Address Resolution Issue in Multi-homed Host

I am setting up JMeter cluster for performance/load/stress testing and I am
running into a problem.

Version 3.3

Here is the command line I execute:

*jmeter -n -R10.0.133.2,10.0.133.4,10.0.133.6 -t scenarios/$1 -LDEBUG*
All of my slaves, as well as my client, are in the same subnet.

Once I start my JMeter client, I get the following error:

*Error in rconfigure() method java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused
to host: 172.17.128.2; nested exception is:*
*    java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)*

The IP address that is seen in the error message does not belong to one of
the slaves, it is the IP address of the client itself.

Here is the excerpt of the *hosts* file:

*172.17.128.2    dns_hostname*
*10.0.133.13     dns_hostname*

The node that is running JMeter client is the multihomed host.
As you can see there are 2 IP addresses there and the first one pops up in
the error message. I think, that the second IP address is what I want to be
used by JMeter client. Unfortunately, I cannot modify hosts file as I do
not have access to do so.

I am curious if there is a way to workaround this problem. Ideally, I'd
like to solve it via config if that is possible.

I was looking into the source code and that is related to the usage of
*InetAdress* class for hostName resolution. It does not loop through all of
the IPs, but chooses the first one from the list.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.