Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Budlong, Sean (Contractor)" <Bu...@USMMA.EDU> on 2011/08/15 15:08:59 UTC

help with SVN error message

About a month ago, we started getting this error when we tried to commit files from a dev server to the Subversion server.

Attachment

Error Commit failed (details follow):
Error Could not open requested SVN filesystem

Other dev servers continue to work with the Subversion server normally.

Is there some way I can reset the working directories on this one dev server so that they can communicate with the Subversion server again? I've Googled the error message and read many of the hits I got, but none of them are relevant to this case.

The dev server is running Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1, 64-bit OS, while the Subversion server is running Apache on XAMPP. Subversion is still working normally with other servers.

Thank you for any suggestions.

budlongs@usmma.edu

Re: help with SVN error message

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 02:02:31PM +0000, Budlong, Sean (Contractor) wrote:
> Stefan,
>
> Thank you very much for your suggestion. Here are the results for svn info.

Hi,

please make sure your replies reach the users@ list.
I am re-adding it to Cc.

Please copy-paste svn output into email instead of attaching screenshots.

I cannot know if the repository URL shown in the output is correct,
so I cannot help you based on this information (but see below).

> The experiment I'm trying right now is to check out parentsassociation
> to an empty folder and see if I can work with TortoiseSVN
> successfully, trying Add and Commit and Update. If I can, then I'll go
> to a production server and commit the changes that I've made manually
> there (I couldn't commit them into Subversion) and then update this
> new folder I've made on dev and then connect the user to this new
> directory.
>
> Does that sound feasible?

I would suggest the following:
Check out a new working copy with TortoiseSVN. Run 'svn info' in the new
working copy you checked out with TortoiseSVN. Compare the results you get
from both working copies. That will show you if the correct URL was used.

Re: help with SVN error message

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 01:08:59PM +0000, Budlong, Sean (Contractor) wrote:
> About a month ago, we started getting this error when we tried to commit files from a dev server to the Subversion server.
>
> Attachment
>
> Error Commit failed (details follow):
> Error Could not open requested SVN filesystem
>
> Other dev servers continue to work with the Subversion server normally.
>
> Is there some way I can reset the working directories on this one dev server so that they can communicate with the Subversion server again? I've Googled the error message and read many of the hits I got, but none of them are relevant to this case.
>
> The dev server is running Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1, 64-bit OS, while the Subversion server is running Apache on XAMPP. Subversion is still working normally with other servers.

Is the subversion client on your development machine really
using the correct URL to the repository? Check with 'svn info'.

If the URL is wrong, you can fix the working copy like this:
  svn switch --relocate WRONG_URL CORRECT_URL