Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by sn...@cob.org on 2006/11/21 23:26:34 UTC

[users@httpd] Google mini and RPS

Has anyone set up a Google Mini behind an Apache server using reverse
proxying?  I'm struggling with how to use reverse proxy and rewrite
commands to accomplish the following:

When a request comes in for
http://www.mydomin.com/search?site=my_collection&client=my_collection&output=xml_..........

The Apache server would issue the following GET:

http://google-mini.mydomain.com/search?site=my_collection&client=my_collection&output=xml_........

I think I could do it with a simple proxypass and proxyreversepass command
if the Google mini supported adding an additional subdirectory (e.g.
http://google-mini-mydomain/search/search?...), but according to their tech
support it doesn't.

Can someone point me in the right direction on this.  Just a disclaimer,
the rewrite directive is very cryptic to me ;)

Thanks in advance for any aid you can provide.