Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2002/03/24 22:14:28 UTC

Re: Setup tdk 2.2b1 and postgresql

On Sun, 2002-03-24 at 17:21, Peter Courcoux wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have downloaded the recently released tdk 2.2-b1 jar and am now trying
> to configure it to use the postgresql db.
>
> I have the following questions :-
>
> Looking at the build.xml file in the tdk home directory, there is
> reference to a build.properties file in the user.home directory. Am I
> correct that this is not needed provided that the relevant properties are
> in the build.properties file in tdk home? Is this the right place to put
> the correct entries for postgresql? Scanning thru the properties files I
> see entries for the following. Do I need to set all these or should some
> of the be set by turbine/torque?
>
> database.name  ( This appears to be the project assigned db name 'newapp' )
> database 	( Is this postgresql? )
> createDatabaseUrl ( What should this be? )
> buildDatabaseUrl ( What should this be? )
> dataseUrl ( jdbc:postgresql:newapp )
> dataseDriver  ( org.postgresql.Driver )
> databaseUser ( self-explanatory )
> databasePassword ( self-explanatory )
> databaseHost ( localhost )
>
> I have successfully created a new project but the ant 'init' target fails
> in the project build directory with a Velocity execption Unable to find
> resource 'sql/db-init/${target-database}/createdb.vm'.
>
> I would be most grateful if someone could clarify this for me and point
> me in the right direction.

I will fix the process again. I have a testing profile that inserts all
the correct values into the build process when I'm testing the
application and since it's been so long since the last tdk release I
forgot about my automated setup. I will look at the problems asap. You
shouldn't need to do much of anything to get the tdk to generate the
sample app for you.

> I have recently completed a small app using 2.1 and am looking forward to
> using 2.2 for my next project. Many thanks to all involved for a great
> collection of tools.
>
> Peter Courcoux

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

RE: Setup tdk 2.2b1 and postgresql

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.

I hit a similar issue today and solved it.  This may also help Randall Alley
in message
http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg07001.html

The answer lies in the following section in the turbine properties file:

database.name = newapp
database = ${target.database}
createDatabaseUrl = ${createDatabaseUrl}
buildDatabaseUrl = ${buildDatabaseUrl}
databaseUrl = ${databaseUrl}
databaseDriver = ${database.driver}
databaseUser = ${databaseUser}
databasePassword = ${databasePassword}
databaseHost = ${databaseHost}

A mistake I made was to put the name of the database instead of the type of
the database for line "database".

In otherwords, I put "newapp" not "mysql", resulting in an error that Torque
couldn't find "sql/db-init/newapp/createdb.vm" when running ant init.  It
should have looked for the template "sql/dbinit/mysql/createdb.vm".

As an aside, I found these lines poorly documented.  (not surprising in beta
software)  I still don't understand the difference between
createDatabaseUrl, buildDatabaseUrl, and databaseUrl.

WILL

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
--