Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Randy Bowen <rb...@truecar.com> on 2015/12/04 06:01:38 UTC

camel-elasticsearch: use of client.transport.sniff

As of version 2.16.0, the camel-elasticsearch component appears to hard-code the configuration of the client.transport.sniff parameter for the TransportClient to “true”.  This causes transport connections to fail in our network configuration where the ElasticSearch cluster has separately dedicated client, data, and master nodes, and only the client nodes are accessible to clients.  I have confirmed that setting this value to “false” makes the component behave properly.

Would it be possible to make this setting configurable?

Re: camel-elasticsearch: use of client.transport.sniff

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 6:01 AM, Randy Bowen <rb...@truecar.com> wrote:

> As of version 2.16.0, the camel-elasticsearch component appears to hard-code the configuration of the client.transport.sniff parameter for the TransportClient to “true”.  This causes transport connections to fail in our network configuration where the ElasticSearch cluster has separately dedicated client, data, and master nodes, and only the client nodes are accessible to clients.  I have confirmed that setting this value to “false” makes the component behave properly.
>
> Would it be possible to make this setting configurable?

Yeah that would be a good idea. You are welcome to log a JIRA and if
possible work on a patch / PR.
http://camel.apache.org/contributing

--
Claus Ibsen