Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2004/01/10 16:08:28 UTC

Re: consensus-based development

Leo Simons wrote:
> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>
>> Leo Simons wrote:
>>
>>> given the decreased likelyhood of the Avalon-Meta package being in
>>> broad use across different containers, I suggest we stop referring to
>>> it as "standard", because its not.
>>

>> -1
>

> you can't veto a suggestion dude!

But I can type the characters "-1" in response to the suggestion and
though that indicate to you what my opinion is concerning the suggestion.

We have a framework specification that defines the computational
contract for components (the how), and complimenting this we have a the
meta-info specification (the what).  Both go hand-in-hand in defining
what a component is and what it's expectations are.

It is the standard for defining *what* the component needs in a
container neutral way.

Cheers, Stephen.