Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/01 18:36:54 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.33.0

Hi folks,

I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton-J 0.33.0 release, please
test it and vote accordingly.

The files can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton-j/0.33.0-rc1/

The maven artifacts are staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1172

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12345238

Regards,
Robbie

P.S. If you want to test things out using maven with your own build
you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1172</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for proton-j would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>proton-j</artifactId>
    <version>0.33.0</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.33.0

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 5/1/19 2:36 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton-J 0.33.0 release, please
> test it and vote accordingly.
>
> The files can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton-j/0.33.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1172
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12345238
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test things out using maven with your own build
> you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the staging repo:
>
>    <repositories>
>      <repository>
>        <id>staging</id>
>        <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1172</url>
>      </repository>
>    </repositories>
>
> The dependency for proton-j would then be:
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>      <artifactId>proton-j</artifactId>
>      <version>0.33.0</version>
>    </dependency>

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Checked for license and notice files
* Checked source license headers using 'mvn apache-rat:check'
* Built from source and ran the tests
* Built Qpid-JMS master using the staged artifact and ran the tests
* Built ActiveMQ master using the staged artifact and ran the AMQP tests
* Built ActiveMQ Artemis master using the staged artifact and ran the
AMQP tests

--
Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.33.0

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

My testing was:

* Verified signatures and checksums
* Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
* Built from source / ran tests on Mac OS X 10.13.6 on Open JDK 11 and
Oracle JSK 1.8
* Ran Qpid Broker-J  (master - 71a37b5) client integration tests using
the staged proton artefacts and Qpid-JMS.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 01/05/2019 7:36 pm, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton-J 0.33.0 release, please
> test it and vote accordingly.
>
> The files can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton-j/0.33.0-rc1/

+1 verified checksum and signature, built from source including running
all tests

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.33.0

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
+1

My tests included the following:
* Built from source bundle and ran successfully junit tests
* Verified signatures and checksums
* Ran successfully Qpid Broker-J integration tests on master branch using
staged proton artefacts together with Qpid-JMS client