Posted to bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org by chen hecky <he...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/18 09:06:49 UTC

I want to confirm someting!

Hi, I want to confirm someting!
Firtstly, how to comply with the  ASL?
Then, do  the GNU C Library, the GNU ISO C++ Library and the software of the
Open Group conform the ASL?

Our project ------ Bluesky Project---------- include many software library
of above three, such as :
stdio     <stdio.h>
stdlib.h
string    <string.h>
sys/ioctl.h
sys/mman.h
sys/poll.h
sys/socket.h
sys/soundcard.h
sys/stat.h
sys/time.h
sys/types.h
sys/un.h
time.h
unistd.h
After looking into, we found that most of them are declared that " you can
redistribute it and/or   modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General
Public   License as published by the Free Software Foundation". So are they
LGPL?
These are puzzling us!

Re: I want to confirm someting!

Posted by chen hecky <he...@gmail.com>.
Ok.
a, There are some software of the GNU C Library:
stdio     <stdio.h>; stdlib.h; string    <string.h>; sys/ioctl.h;
sys/mman.h; sys/poll.h; sys/socket.h.
They are some software library of the GNU C Library included in our project.

b, vector.h and sstream.h are parts of the the GNU ISO C++ Library in our
project.

c, X11/XWDFile.h and X11/Intrinsic.h are parts of the Open Group(I can't
define them LGPL or GPL.).

Posted by Shan Jiang <da...@gmail.com>.