Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jørgen Ramskov <jr...@it-optima.dk> on 2002/03/04 13:49:54 UTC

Tomcat 4.02 stalling?

I'm running a webapplication (a questionnaire, a lot of pages with forms
that gets saved in a MySQL database) on Tomcat 3.2.x (the latest version)
and it runs pretty okay.

I have however tried to run it on Tomcat 4.02 and sometimes when I go
through the questionnaire, it simply stalls - the browser waits for an
answer for several minutes. It doesn't crash, but it is almost the same. I
have never experienced that with Tomcat 3.2.x. What could be the reason to
that?

Greetings
Joergen Ramskov

Re: Tomcat 4.02 stalling?

Posted by GCS <gc...@lsc.hu>.
On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 01:49:54PM +0100, Jřrgen Ramskov <jr...@it-optima.dk> wrote:
> I have however tried to run it on Tomcat 4.02 and sometimes when I go
> through the questionnaire, it simply stalls - the browser waits for an
> answer for several minutes. It doesn't crash, but it is almost the same. I
> have never experienced that with Tomcat 3.2.x. What could be the reason to
> that?
 I also noticed this. But I have a webmail system. The user logs in, very fast.
Next time he logs in again fast. Later, Catalina 4.0.2 just stalls, and
the user can not log in. The browser cancel the connection due to a timeout.
Maybe some kind of internal (dead) lock? Btw, I have J2SDK 1.4.0. What's
your J2SDK version?

Cheers, GCS
--
BorsodChem Joint-Stock Company	Linux Support Center	University of Miskolc
Software engineer		Programmer		System administrator

Re: Tomcat 4.02 stalling?

Posted by GCS <gc...@lsc.hu>.
Hello,

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 02:06:00PM +0100, Reto Badertscher <rb...@i-netsystems.com> wrote:
> does it happen when a form is submitted? I have this kind of behaviour
> occasionally when submitting a form with many input fields - never tried
> with Tomcat 3.x.
 Yes, it happens _only_ when I submit a form. I do not have many input fields,
only some. I do not know what can be the problem, but I may help the
developers with any information, if they need any.
 I do now know if it is browser related or not, but I do not think so.
Anyway, I use mozilla-0.9.8. I will test Catalina 4.0.1 and/or Tomcat 3.x.

Cheers,
GCS

AW: Tomcat 4.02 stalling?

Posted by Reto Badertscher <rb...@i-netsystems.com>.
Hello,

does it happen when a form is submitted? I have this kind of behaviour
occasionally when submitting a form with many input fields - never tried
with Tomcat 3.x.

Regards

Reto