Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Don Mastrovito <dm...@marathontechnologies.com> on 2002/02/12 20:52:32 UTC

Xerces and BCB

I've sent updates to Tinny for the lastest changes to the BCB project.  The
project file now supports the sane-includes changes.  Unlike my previous
updates, this one has added a BCB6 project.  I will no longer be
maintaining the BCB5 stuff.  In case you are not aware, Borland has started
shipping version 6 on 2/11.

In an effort to clean up some clutter, how do people feel about deleting
the BCB4 directory now?  What about deleting the BCB5 directory in the near
future?

Don

Re: Xerces and BCB

Posted by Don Mastrovito <dm...@marathontechnologies.com>.
It is my intention to always have BCB6 spit out a make file.  It should be
compatible with the free Borland's free C++ compiler.  The same version of
make is used for both BCB5 and 6.

Don

Re: Xerces and BCB

Posted by Andrew Snare <AS...@allshare.nl>.
At 12:31 PM 14/02/2002 -0800, Tinny Ng wrote:
>As a general proposal, how about we exclude any out-dated project files like
>BCB4, Vacpp in the source package distribution but still leave them in CVS in
>case some users need them?  It is confusing to ship some project files
>that are
>out-of sync with the source.
>
>Any comment?

This makes perfect sense; it's better to omit them if they're known to be
broken. As a further note, it would be nice to also include
Makefile-versions of these project files. I mention this because some
people are possibly using the free(-ish) command-line tools, which don't
come with any way to build from the BCB project-files. Instead they come
with Borland's make tool.

This shouldn't be too much effort because I believe there is a tool
included with BCB for generating makefiles that correspond to a BCB project
(BPR2MAK.EXE?).

Just a suggestion,

  - Andrew

Re: Xerces and BCB

Posted by ta...@wige-data.de.
Hello,

first again thanks folks for your work. Xerces is runnning at the
olympics very well!!!

I can go with your proposal. Please, let it in the CVS.

Adib.
--
  WIGE DATA                 Tel:  +49 (0)341-4621/222
  Wiesenring 11             Fax:  +49 (0)341-4621/400

Re: Xerces and BCB

Posted by Tinny Ng <tn...@ca.ibm.com>.