Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/10 18:30:53 UTC

Help in Configuring ArtifactHandler for Standalone Plugin

I am creating a standalone plugin (@requiresProject false,
@requiresDirectInvocation true) that invokes the
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactResolver.resolveTransitivelymethod.
I also have a
components.xml file within the jar that contains an entry for the artifact
handlers.

    <component>
      <role>org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.ArtifactHandler</role>
      <role-hint>library</role-hint>
      <implementation>
org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.DefaultArtifactHandler</implementation>
      <configuration>
        <extension>dll</extension>
        <type>library</type>
      </configuration>
    </component>

Even if I set -Dextensions=true from the command line, I receive the
following warning:

Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/NMaven/Model/NMaven.Model.Pom/0.14/NMaven.Model.Pom-0.14.library
[WARNING] Unable to get resource 'NMaven.Model:NMaven.Model.Pom:library:0.14'
from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

This shows that the resolver is using the library type as the extension,
rather than the mapping extension dll. Any ideas on how to get the plugin to
recognize the extension?

Thanks,
Shane